Thursday, 10 April 2014

Camel's Back

We moved out of wormhole space... and got to see the newly introduced capital ship wrecks first hand.


Not because we had our asses handed to us while running sites, but that was *dramatic pause* The Straw that broke the Camel's Back.

We had been considering a move to... somewhere new... for a while, but while the going was good, we kept going. Not having as much fun as when everything was new and I was constantly learning, I was bringing in decent ISK through PI and site running, so I stayed. But it wasn't fun anymore.

Games should be fun, and ISK doesn't equal fun.

We had also definitely outgrown a class 4 wormhole as a corporation (not hard to do) and there just wasn't enough content in Alice to sustain us.

We (and when I say "we" I mean me and the friend I followed into w-space, whom I mentioned in my post about PI back in January) didn't really choose to join the corp we're in, nor did we choose to become directors. We both kind of fell into it. Let me explain.

My friend was in a corp, that was part of a small alliance that lived in Alice. I joined so I could hang around with a mate and see what life in a wormhole was like. I had only recently returned to EVE.

I was a member for less than a week when the corp announced they were moving out of w-space and heading to null. I wanted to stay.

Thankfully, so did my friend. And so did one of the other corporations that was in the alliance - a corporation with two members living out of a medium-sized POS. We joined them, and together, the four of us (eventually) made ourselves a home out of a wormhole we had just bought.

That wormhole had two large and one medium POS online to begin with (we only needed one large) and two Chimeras floating in space (albeit behind a POS shield) for everyone to see, that we weren't even able to pilot yet to be able to store in our ship maintenance arrays!

We had a lot of work ahead of us, and a lot to learn about wormholes... but it was fun back then.

The Chimeras, if you're interested, were bought (not by me) for 500 million ISK each. Self Destruct = insurance = 292 million ISK back.

In my next post, I'll talk about why we destroyed the Chimeras, as opposed to selling them and/or our share in the wormhole itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment